New arrival settling in and awaiting assessment. We have had several applications for Benji and will be looking through these once he has completed his assessment, so are unable to take any more applications at present. No previous history, will need adult only home at this stage, may assess at later date to possibly live with teens in calm household, no younger children. Generally VOCAL dog, will bark at a lot of noises/ activity or if left alone. Very reactive and vocal towards other dogs, to be only dog in home. Not suited to live with cats. House trained and calm traveller. Very anxious when left will need a home that will not leave him for very long and will allow to sleep in the bedroom. Has cherry eye and overweight, under vet care. Further details to follow.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide