Hello, my name is Cher, I am approximately 8 years old. I am looking for a quiet home as I am very shy and not much is known about me except that I have come from a home that had lots of cats. I recently went to a home with another cat that I came in with but he began bullying me , so I sadly have had to come back. I will need time to settle and trust my new family. Ideally, it would be great if you have experience of shy cats like me. Once I settle, I will be a lovely companion. I am not so keen on having much contact at present, but the staff here are very sweet to me, and hopefully I will soon learn to trust them and decide that having fusses is quite nice. I would like a home where I am the only cat please and no doggies or young children. I will need a garden to start to explore once I am ready please. Love Cher xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide