Hello, I am a nervous dog looking for an extra supportive home please. Belle has neurological problems that affect her movement, hearing and sight. She will require a very patient, adult only home, a calm environment to live and be exercised. Belle will need a home with a safe garden/ outdoor space she can enjoy as she sometimes finds going for walks too scary. She is very worried by strangers and children, though may be able to live with teens within a clam environment. Belle could possibly live with a very calm, understanding dog if they are carefully introduced, no cats. She is house trained though has occasional accidents, fine travelling and if left alone. Belle forms close bonds with people if they take the time to get to understand her quirky behaviours and she knows she can then trust them, she then loves cuddles on the sofa and dancing about playing games. The cause of Belle's medical condition is unknown, she may have been born with it or a problem may have occurred during birth or an infection or head trauma when she was a puppy. She has some fused sections in her spine, for which she will require on-going pain medication to help keep her mobile. It is unknown whether her condition may deteriorate as she matures. She is currently not requiring any medication.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide