Hello, my name is Mollie and I am a lovely 18 year young lady. I came to Raystede as my owner was unwell. I was so matted I had to be completely shaved despite being short haired. I am also rather obese so I am currently on a strict feeding regime. I am an adorable girl who just want to be loved. I am very friendly and sweet. Currently I am spending time in a foster home where I am encouraged to do exercises to help with weight loss and my arthritis. I have made great progress so far and have lost some weight and I am feeling much better in myself. I have been diagnosed with early stage renal disease but it is being managed with medication and special diet. I am looking for a very special owner to shower me with love in my twilight years. I have lots of love to give. Could you be the one for me? Love Mollie xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide