Hello I can be a little shy and cautious until I know people and feel safe, but then I am a fun cheeky little dog.! Richie will need a quieter calm, adult only home, he is scared of busy environments, so will need country rural walks and not busy town parks. Richie travels well and can be left for a couple of hours. He likes other dogs and plays with them. He is possessive over toys and food various things, particularly slippers, so will have to be the only dog in the home at this stage. He could not live with cats. Richie will need a VERY experienced home. Understanding of this breed mixture an advantage. People with experience of extreme guarding and possession issues only apply.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide