Hello my name is Bruiser and I am 6 years old. I am looking for a home with my friend Tinkerbelle. We can both be a little nervous to start with but friendly once we know you. I am generally more confident than Tinkerbelle We both enjoy going out and hunting and have been known to wander into neighbouring gardens. We have lived with teenage children but Tinkerbelle is not keen on busy houses so a nice quiet home would suit us. We would prefer to be the only cats and ideally no doggies either. Do you have the purrfect home for us? Love Bruiser (and Tinkerbelle) xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide