Hi, my name is Obie and I am looking for a committed home with experience to help support my on-going training. Obie is a fun staffie who is eager to learn and a long term commitment to training is needed. He can be a little nervous of new people and situations initially, though his confidence is growing quickly with the right support. He will need calmer areas to walk and a calmer household as lots of noise and activity can worry him. Obie could possibly live with older children who are used to dogs and are calm, he would be worried if a household was hectic or noisy. He is not suited to live with cats or small furry creatures. Obie will need to continue with training around other dogs as he lacks communication skills, he needs to be the only dog in the home at this stage. Obie is not fully house trained, not used to travelling and can be anxious if left alone. This sweet, sensitive young dog will continue to develop positively and thrive within a secure, committed and knowledgeable new home.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide