Hello, my name is Rosie and I am 6 years old. I love to sit on your lap for a fuss and a brush but once I have had enough, I will tell you. I have been an indoor cat so far but am looking for a home with a garden as I am a very active girl and love exploring. I need someone who has the patience to let me have my own space initially as I can sometimes be a bit spikey. This behaviour should dissapate once I start to go outside and have a little more freedom, but you will need to give me space, play lots with me and let me approach you in my own time. I do enjoy sitting on laps but may not always want to be stroked. I like to sit out in my outside run especially when it’s nice and warm out, so I’m looking for a home that will allow access to a nice garden that is away from any busy roads. No children, dogs or cats in my new home please. Do you have the purrfect home for me? Love Rosie xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide