Hi, I'm Timber and I am a handsome large Husky who likes making lots of new friends. Timber is an energetic dog so will need an active home with adventures to keep him busy. Timber can be very strong on-lead sometimes, whilst further training will help, pulling is a breed characteristic. He could possibly live with older children who are confident around large dogs. He is friendly with some dogs, dislikes others so this will need a more experienced handler to manage situations. He not suited to live with cats, small furries or birds. Timber is house trained and will travel in a car. He is anxious if left alone as he does like company, though he also likes lounging on a comfy bed so may learn to settle! He will require a home with an adequate sized garden that he can explore, this will need to be secure too. Timber is an affectionate dog and likes being involved, he does shed a lot and likes to sing, please research his breed types character and needs.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide