Hello my name is Toby and I am 11 years old. I was completely devoted to my owner who very sadly passed away and I lived alone for 3 months. I used to sit on my owners lap most of the time and would sleep on the bed with her at night. Since I have come to the cattery I have been a bit defensive as it is all very strange but I am starting to get used to life here and becoming more friendly. I really need to find that special person whose lap I can sit on and whom I can love as I did my last owner. I would prefer a quiet home with no children or dogs and I may prefer you all to myself so probably no other cats either. I do enjoy going outside so a garden is a must for me please. Do you have space in your home and heart for me? Love Toby xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide