Rehome a dog
The Raystede Rehoming Guide
Welcome to all you need to know about rehoming a dog from Raystede.
First things first:
- We take particular care when rehoming a dog to a family with young children.
- The dog will not be left alone for long periods of time
- You have access to a suitable outside area
- If you are planning a holiday or moving home within three months of registering, please consider delaying your application until you are more settled
You can be reassured that all our dogs are:
- Health checked by a vet
- Assessed for their character and temperament
- Neutered (both male and female)
- Vaccinated and treated for protection against kennel cough
- Treated against fleas and worms
- Micro chipped in case of loss
- Insured for four weeks
- We are also happy to give you any follow up advice you need once your dog is home with you
As we are a charity we do have to ask for a contribution to some of these costs.
Dogs over 8 years of age - £80
Dogs over six months, up to 8 years old - £120
Puppies (up to six months, and including the cost of neutering) – £220
Price includes a collar and an ID tag, which is required by law under the Control of Dogs Order 1992 - this is the case even if the dog is microchipped.
Want to go ahead with rehoming a dog? Just download and complete an application form at home and bring it with you when you visit. Please be sure to give yourself plenty of time as we may be unable to process applicants who arrive after 3pm. Alternatively you can fill out a form when you visit. A member of our kennel team will go through your application with you when you visit and discuss what available dogs we have.
If you choose and find the right dog you can put a reserve on it. It is really important that all members of your household, including any other dogs meet your chosen dog too and we have a special area to do this safely.
Home visit: Our home visitor will contact you to arrange a home visit after you have taken your dog home. This gives you the opportunity to discuss any questions you may have with regards to your dog once it has had the chance to settle in.
All that remains is to arrange a time to collect the new member of your family. Just ring our kennels to fix this. All Puppies rehomed under 6 months will be required to be returned to Raystede for neutering. A date will be given to you on adoption.
Ever thought of fostering?
Could you help us with our dog fostering service? If you live in Sussex or Kent we are always looking for volunteers to care for dogs temporarily. We have three dog foster schemes at Raystede so if you would like to find out more please contact us on 01825 880478 or email email@example.com
Adobe PDF (96 KiB)