Apply to become a carer
Benefits of being a foster carer
- You can have the pleasure of caring for a pet without a lifelong commitment
- There is little or no cost as Raystede provides all equipment, food and vet care
- It can give any existing pets you may have a temporary playmate.
- You will be helping pets and families
Requirements for being a pet foster carer
You need to:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age
- be experienced in caring for animals
- be patient and committed and have a love of animals
- not leave a dog for more than four hours. We are also unable to accept applications from people working as pet sitters/dog walkers/dog breeders or childminders.
- be able to commit to a foster scheme for an agreed length of time and in the case of PetLink, a minimum of six months
- be able to transport a pet to the vets in an emergency – by private car or taxi
- be able to contact our Project Manager immediately if there are any problems regarding the pet’s health or if there is any change in your personal circumstances.
- give us four weeks notice of any holiday, so we can arrange alternative care for your foster pet
Microsoft Word Document (188 KiB)